Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have really enjoyed your podcasts

Go down

I have really enjoyed your podcasts Empty I have really enjoyed your podcasts

Post  elder korihor Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:53 pm

OK, so I'm already an atheist and freethinker, but you guys have given me lots of new perspectives and information on a wide variety of topics to think about and reinforce my commitment to secualrism. I thik I've listened to most, maybe all of your podcasts since I found your show about a year ago. So keep it up. I particualrly have enjoyed the Sagan "Logos" episode, and found the last one on Islam (something I deal with every day at work) very helpful. You would be surprised how little training or education, even people in intelligence, get on Islam, unless they actively seek it out - and even then it's pretty watered down. I guess I see myself as a sort of Hitchens atheist, in that I reject cultural conservatism, but reject post-modernist relativism as well, and am supportive of the concept of the so called Global War on Terror (though its execution has often left much to be desired).
I work in the Pentagon near Washington DC (as an intelligence analyst for a branch of the military), and will alert you to any funny business I see with religion going on here, but so far in my entire career as a civilian working for the Defense Dept, I have seen darn few abuses. I get the sense that the high ranking, well-educated people in the Defense establishment in the DC area are in general better educated and usually more tolerant than people out in the field tend to be.

elder korihor

Back to top Go down