Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 30: Free Willy vs. Determinator II: Judgement Day

3 posters

:: Episodes

Go down

Episode 30: Free Willy vs. Determinator II: Judgement Day Empty Episode 30: Free Willy vs. Determinator II: Judgement Day

Post  Admin Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Episode 30 questions/comments here --
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://doubtcast.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Episode 30: Free Willy vs. Determinator II: Judgement Day Empty Re: Episode 30: Free Willy vs. Determinator II: Judgement Day

Post  Brad Mon May 17, 2010 10:01 am

I'm now going back to listen to old episodes on long road trips.

In this excellent discussion, one of the fellows mentioned a book relating to determinism that he assigns or recommends to students.
I was in some wild traffic at the time this was mentioned and couldn't make note of the title.

Could someone tell me the name of that book?

Thanks!
Brad
Brad

Back to top Go down

Episode 30: Free Willy vs. Determinator II: Judgement Day Empty Re: Episode 30: Free Willy vs. Determinator II: Judgement Day

Post  JB Tue May 18, 2010 8:36 pm

The book is "Problem of the Soul" by Owen Flannagan. Fun RD fact: Owen Flannagan was interviewed (while on the side of the road, after two cancellations) for the third part of our determinism "trilogy." As soon as the interview was done, the computer crashed. It will never be heard. Jeremy was sad.
JB
JB

Back to top Go down

Post  Brad Tue May 18, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks very much for the reply. That one will be on my list for this year.

And definite bummer about the loss of the interview. Crying or Very sad

I know that was embarrassing, but maybe Mr. Flanagan would agree to another go at it in the future?

In any event, thanks for a GREAT podcast - not just this episode, but every one of them! cheers cheers cheers
Brad
Brad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down