Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know that most translations of the bible have a liberal bias?

+2
Aught3
PenitenziAgite
6 posters

Go down

Did you know that most translations of the bible have a liberal bias? Empty Did you know that most translations of the bible have a liberal bias?

Post  PenitenziAgite Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:35 pm

At least, that's what the good folks over at Conservapedia think. Apparently, Jesus was a follower of Ayn Rand.
Conservapedia wants to re-write the bible

As if there aren't enough translations of the bible floating around.
PenitenziAgite
PenitenziAgite

Back to top Go down

Did you know that most translations of the bible have a liberal bias? Empty Re: Did you know that most translations of the bible have a liberal bias?

Post  Aught3 Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:08 pm

It used to be that only reality had a liberal bias, now fantasy has it too?
Aught3
Aught3

http://www.indoctrinatingfreethought.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Did you know that most translations of the bible have a liberal bias? Empty Re: Did you know that most translations of the bible have a liberal bias?

Post  Neon Genesis Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:32 pm

I think it's funny that fundamentalists are claiming it was the liberals who added in the story of the adulteress woman but for years, it's been liberal scholars who were arguing that this story was added in by the ancient church and for centuries it was fundamentalists who believed it was historically accurate and even most fundamentalists today still believe it's a literal fact. Does this mean that since they're admitting the bible was corrupted, that they're admitting their doctrine of biblical inerrancy is wrong?

Neon Genesis

Back to top Go down

Did you know that most translations of the bible have a liberal bias? Empty The Luke rewrite is classic

Post  PenitenziAgite Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:53 am

I like the non-rewrite rewrite of Luke. What is the conservative alternative to Luke 23:34? They don't even offer up what the "real" text of that might be...

I suppose it's liberal to leave out Tobit and Maccabees as well, and everyone knows that "Conscience of a Conservative" is basically a rip-off of Wisdom.
PenitenziAgite
PenitenziAgite

Back to top Go down

Post  NedStark Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:15 pm

Penitenz, your avatar is incorrect. The wild beast is supposed to have seven heads and ten horns, I only count nine.

Thanks to Jehovah's Witnesses, my brain is occupied by things like this instead of something useful like calculus.

NedStark

Back to top Go down

Did you know that most translations of the bible have a liberal bias? Empty Ned - Why, so you are right...

Post  PenitenziAgite Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:58 pm

I never bothered to count...

I shall replace it with a correctly rendered avatar posthaste.
PenitenziAgite
PenitenziAgite

Back to top Go down

Did you know that most translations of the bible have a liberal bias? Empty OK...

Post  PenitenziAgite Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:02 pm

How do you like them apples?

BTW, here's where you can get your own:

Apocamon
PenitenziAgite
PenitenziAgite

Back to top Go down

Post  exxian Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:56 am

Aught3 wrote:It used to be that only reality had a liberal bias, now fantasy has it too?

Did you know that most translations of the bible have a liberal bias? Colbertdance

hehe love
exxian
exxian

Back to top Go down

Did you know that most translations of the bible have a liberal bias? Empty RE:

Post  LonghWynn Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:27 pm

Aught3 wrote:It used to be that only reality had a liberal bias, now fantasy has it too?

LMAO

I love this post. And The Colbert Report, which I'm guessing is how everybody here found out about conservapedia. COLBERT! COLBERT! COLBERT! cheers

LonghWynn

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587576124&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Neon Genesis Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:13 am

PenitenziAgite wrote:I like the non-rewrite rewrite of Luke. What is the conservative alternative to Luke 23:34? They don't even offer up what the "real" text of that might be...

I suppose it's liberal to leave out Tobit and Maccabees as well, and everyone knows that "Conscience of a Conservative" is basically a rip-off of Wisdom.
Technically, isn't Jesus a communist? Jesus taught that nothing belongs to you and everything belongs to God and in Acts, the church had all things in common and distributed the goods out to everyone according to their needs. Oh, and Jesus healed people for free, so he supports health care reform. So it looks like they might have to remove the entire character of Jesus.

Neon Genesis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down