Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pastor Mark Driscoll's video for Richard Dawkins

+5
Enuma
exxian
cleanwillie
Closet Agnostic
Sosa
9 posters

Go down

Pastor Mark Driscoll's video for Richard Dawkins Empty Pastor Mark Driscoll's video for Richard Dawkins

Post  Sosa Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Sosa
Sosa

Back to top Go down

Pastor Mark Driscoll's video for Richard Dawkins Empty Re: Pastor Mark Driscoll's video for Richard Dawkins

Post  Closet Agnostic Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 pm

Wow, how do you argue with a guy like that. He definitely needs his "SkyDaddy" to watch over him and give him purpose to life, which is fine for him if that is what makes him feel fulfilled. But he doesn't need to tell me that B.S. Atheists have written great music. He mentioned depression leads to drugs, sex, shopping, etc. Depression has also lead to religion....
Closet Agnostic
Closet Agnostic

Back to top Go down

Pastor Mark Driscoll's video for Richard Dawkins Empty Re: Pastor Mark Driscoll's video for Richard Dawkins

Post  cleanwillie Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:20 am

Man that guy is obnoxious. Really, it makes me feel almost physically ill to hear someone talking bs like that to an audience that probably doesn't even think of questioning anything it's been told. All the way through I just was hoping for someone to jump up and call him on his bs, knowing perfectly well that it wasn't going to happen. Disgusting.
cleanwillie
cleanwillie

Back to top Go down

Post  exxian Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:23 am

It's almost impressive... how much shit he manages to pin on atheism, and how much he gets wrong about life as an atheist.

*sigh*

If he knows enough about Richard Dawkins to quote him, it's a shame he doesn't know enough to understand his points.

Yeah, ex-christians often experience a period of depression after they leave the faith... but so do kids when they learn that Santa Claus is really just Uncle Ted in a red coat. We eventually get over that, and life is beautiful again.
exxian
exxian

Back to top Go down

Post  Enuma Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:34 am

Maybe Mr. Driscoll is unfamiliar with the results of the Non-Religious Identification Survey. It appears that being a theist or atheist isn't a good indicator of whether a person is happy. It's the confidence with which a person holds those beliefs that is the true indicator. The demographic that really struggled with being happy was theists who have doubts about god. (I'm sure being told by your supposed social support network that those doubts will send you to hell doesn't help.)

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/uploads/attachments/Profiles_of_the_Godless_FI_AugSept_Vol_29_No_5_pps_41-45.pdf

Enuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Neon Genesis Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Weren't Canadian atheists also the most self-fulfilled? Obviously the solution is to convert to the true religion of Canadianism, eh?

Neon Genesis

Back to top Go down

Pastor Mark Driscoll's video for Richard Dawkins Empty What a dope.

Post  danielhm Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Does he really think that all antidepressants are take by atheists? That is, of course, the 'logical conclusion' to his argument.

He is dangerously misinformed.

Great. There's 7:31 that I'll never get back.

Dan

danielhm

Back to top Go down

Post  LonghWynn Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:42 pm

hey man, Jesus was so depressed because of our sins, that he sacrificed himself......to himself. Twisted Evil

LonghWynn

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587576124&ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicholas Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:21 pm

Such a small, weak, ignorant little man is he. I had to stop once he started quoting Russell.

I read a little about this man-child, and he is quite the walking self-parody. He extols "manliness", which he equates to egging someone on to punch him in the gut to prove said manliness, and calling anyone who uses a coffee cup insulator weak. His antics make college frat boys seems like gentlemen and scholars in comparison. I really cannot see how any sane individual can take this man-child seriously; hell, I can't see how he takes himself seriously. I will say this: it must take alot of courage to get up in the morning and be him all day.
Nicholas
Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sosa Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 pm

I know an ex-coworker who "loves" this guy, always posting his news on facebook...whenever we get into a debate he loves to quote this guy all the time.
Sosa
Sosa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down