Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News Items - Creationism as a Political Platform

2 posters

:: Media

Go down

News Items - Creationism as a Political Platform Empty News Items - Creationism as a Political Platform

Post  jbotten01 Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Creationism, a political platform
Harvard University Dr. Steven Pinker talks about creationism and why it matters if kids understand biology or evolution.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/vp/39467428#39467428

I think this is news worthy for doubt cast Smile

Joost
Washington DC

jbotten01

Back to top Go down

News Items - Creationism as a Political Platform Empty Re: News Items - Creationism as a Political Platform

Post  2buckchuck Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:48 am

I was hoping that Olbermann's guest would have talked about the necessity for a scientifically-literate population in times ahead, as we in a democracy are making decisions about things related to science: global warming, stem-cell research, and so on. I think the religious right is seeking to impose their version of morality and their vision of our place in the universe around us on all Americans. Keeping the public confused about key issues and/or ignorant of science is to the benefit of their goals.
2buckchuck
2buckchuck

Back to top Go down

News Items - Creationism as a Political Platform Empty Baby Dropping-Dangerous ritual that is suposed to improve health

Post  jbotten01 Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:22 pm

http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=81490

This annual ritual in western india (Solapur, india) supposedly is done to increase a child's health in life. This ceremony is rooted in religious tradition dating back centuries (approx. 500 years). The ritual comprises of dropping babies of a 15 meter high building into a white sheet and catching them. Check the link to see the event.

Joost

jbotten01

Back to top Go down

News Items - Creationism as a Political Platform Empty Re: News Items - Creationism as a Political Platform

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down