Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Argument Against Design

Go down

Possible Argument Against Design Empty Possible Argument Against Design

Post  vandy Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi all,

First post on here after being a longtime listener of the podcast so I apologize if this has already been addressed.

The purpose of my post is an argument against design that I've thought a lot about and haven't really heard addressed in debates or in writing. The argument relates to the end of the universe. While I'm aware that how the universe will end is a subject of continuing speculation, it seems clear that the universe will continue to exist long after the Earth is swallowed by the Sun. With this being the case, why would a god trying to design a universe which most religions claim is based on our existence, continue the existence of the universe after the earth no longer exists? It seems to me that if the purpose of the universe is our existence as humans that the continued existence of the universe after the demise of the Earth would be superfluous. Is there an angle to this that I'm missing? Anyways, I thought it would be something interesting to contribute.

vandy

Back to top Go down