Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/11 tangent

2 posters

Go down

9/11 tangent Empty 9/11 tangent

Post  MisterChristopher Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:00 pm

It was 8 years ago today that terrorists killed american citizens, we came together, stood as one, and then we went and did seemingly exactly what the terrorists wanted us to do: Invaded their homeland, and create more violence and hatred towards us to breed more terrorism. Has anything really became better?
It just seems weird to me. In a few more years I'll have lived half my life in a post 9/11 world, and there are plenty of children now that have no idea what the pre-9/11 world was like. How much of our problems today can be attributed to what happened 8 years ago? To go away from my normal rose-tinted lens optimism, did the terrorists win if all of this happened because that?

Sorry, that was just another random thought, that I doubt had approximately nil to do with RD, religion (maybe religion) and the such
MisterChristopher
MisterChristopher

https://facebook.com/MisterChristopher13

Back to top Go down

9/11 tangent Empty Re: 9/11 tangent

Post  Brad Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:15 pm

MisterChristopher wrote: Has anything really became better?

I'd say the answer is maybe.

I think it takes many decades to be able to see the real net consequences of human-made cataclysms such as those suffered not only in the U.S., but the UK, Spain, and elsewhere.
By the time we'll really have a good perspective on the results, you'll be carrying a cane and I'll probably be dead.

In the U.S., we certainly had a grave misfortune to have had Bush and his Vice-Dick at the helm. It will also be decades before their messes get cleaned up, and recent events don't appear to encourage the notion that lots of folks learned much from that, do they?

Well, anyway, one consequence of 9/11 was that atheism was stirred from slumber along with quite a few atheists. You can read about one of them over in the introductions section.
Brad
Brad

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum